How to Choose the Right Trees for Your Needs!
Gilby’s has just made it EASY & FUN for you to select your trees!
Follow the 3 steps below:
Step Number 1
Select What Rootstock do you want? (The Rootstock will determine the growth habit of your tree)
- Attributes: 1 bushel of fruit in 2-3rd years, 8-10’ tall, Needs Support, Plant 4’ apart.
- Semi Dwarf
- Attributes: 3-5 bushel of fruit 3-5 years, 15’ tall, Plant 15’ apart
- Attributes: 5-7 bushel of fruit 4-7 years, 20-25’ tall, Plant 20-25’ apart
Step Number 2
Determine the Cold Hardiness Zone where you will be planting the trees. Make sure you don’t select trees that are not cold hardy for the area you will be planting.
- Planting in Cold Hardiness Zone 2, Plant Cold Hardiness Zone 2 trees only
- Planting in Cold Hardiness Zone 3, Plant Cold Hardiness Zone 2 or 3 Trees Only
- Planting in Cold Hardiness Zone 4 ,Plant Cold Hardiness Zone 2,3 or 4 Trees Only
- Planting in Cold Hardiness Zone 5, Plant Cold Hardiness Zone 2,3,4 or 5 Trees Only
Step Number 3
Select Varieties Select 2 different varieties in the same bloom season with different parents
- Review our Knowledge Charts to Select the Varieties will work best for you