Dwarf Apple Trees
- A Dwarf Apple Tree is a tree that is about 40% in size to a Standard Tree.
- They produce Fruit in 1-2 years where a Standard tree can take 7 years.
- Easier to prune and thin.
- Easier to harvest.
- Will need support
How do I get a Dwarf Apple Tree?
- You need to contact a grower or specialized nursery that has Dwarf Root Stocks (Gilby’s).
- Most Nurseries you need to order the trees 2 years prior to when you want them.
- Most Nurseries also have minimum order quantities like 50 trees.
- It is very uncommon to find a Dwarf Apple Tree at your local garden center.
- You will 9 times out of 10 find Semi Dwarf Malling 7.
Why would you choose a Dwarf Apple Tree
- You can plant many trees in a small area you can plant 3’ apart.
- 60% increase in yield.
- Instant gratification!
What types of trees can you get on Dwarfing rootstock?
- We currently have Honeycrisp and Zestar on B-9 Rootstock