Frequently Asked Questions
Step 1. Understand the Benefits of Bare Root Trees
- Planting bare-root or bare-root trees can be one of the best bargains in
gardening. While it may seem strange to plant a tree with roots not contained in
soil, it’s actually an excellent practice that boasts immense success.
- Many bare-root trees, in particular grafted fruit trees, have already been growing
for two or more years before they’re sold.
- You’re getting a good-sized tree that’s ready to take off once it gets tucked into
- Cost can be half the price of buying a tree in a container.
Step 2. Understand Why POLLINATION is so Important!
- POLLINATION: Very Important! You must to have two different varieties of apple trees, in the same Bloom Time, to pollinate your apple trees. Apple trees NEED to be pollinated to produce fruit!
- Three Bloom Times for Apple Trees:
- Mid- Season
Step 3. Understand different root stock preferences for apple and fruit trees.
Did you realize that there are two primary components to an apple tree? Rootstock and Scion
- Part 1….The Rootstock…. this controls the growth habit of the tree.
- Part 2 …The Scion wood this also means the variety of the tree (like "Honeycrisp", for example).
- Also referred to as Budagovsky 9 or (B-9), Malling 26 or (M26), Geneva 41 or (G41).
- 8-10’ Tall, very easy to prune, thin and pick, need support.
- These trees will want to produce fruit in the 1st or 2nd year Instant gratification. 1-2 bushels in 3-4 year.
- M-7 or EMLA 7 Malling 7.
- 15’ tall, do not need support, fruit production 4-6 years, about 3-4 bushels.
- Columbia Crab is one of the primary Rootstocks.
- 25’ tall, does not need to be supported, hard to prune and pick, produces 7 bushels of apples.
Step 4. Review the varieties of trees available on different root stocks.
Step 5. Review 2019 Pricing Guide
2019 Pricing Guide
Estimated Tree Sizes
Dwarf ½” caliper 4’ tall
Semi Dwarf 9/16 caliper to 7/8” approximate height 7-8’
Standard 9/16 caliper to 7/8” approximate height 7-8’
Pricing and Discounts
Dwarf Trees Retail Price $29.99 each
10 or more discount $27.99 each
100 or more discount $25.99 each
Semi Dwarf Retail Pricing between $34.99 and $44.99
10 or more trees 5% discount
20 or more trees 10% discount
Over 50 trees call for pricing
Deer Food Plot $219.99
Step 6. Go to Order Online Form
- Enter Name, E-mail and Phone Number.
Step 7. Submit Form
After you have clicked on the Submit Button, you will be taken to the Payment Options page.
Step 8. Make Down Payment
To Determine Your Down Payment:
Multiply the Total Number of Trees X $10 = Down Payment
Example: 20 Trees selected | Downpayment = $200