Gilby’s Selected as a Top Ten Pumpkin Patch by The Best of Minnesota!
Pumpkins, Gourds & Squash.
Come to Gilby’s Pumpkin Patch to Pick your Special Pumpkin this year.
We have over two miles of Pumpkins, Squash and Gourds this year!
Pumpkin Growing Tips:
- Pumpkins do best when the seeds are directly planted in the ground.
- If your growing season is very short, seed indoors in peat pots about 2 to 4 weeks before last spring frost.
- Be sure to harden off before transplanting.
- Wait until the plant soil is 70ºF or more before sowing seeds.
- If you live in a part of the country where there is still danger of frost in late April or early May, start pumpkin seeds indoors about two weeks before planting.
- Sow one seed for every four-inch peat pot filled with grow mix.
- Keep the pots watered, never let them dry out.
Scribe Your Pumpkin in August
Come by in August and scribe your pumpkin.
Scribing a process of marking the pumpkin as it’s growing, then when ready in the fall you’ll have a personal pumpkin with your unique touch.
Write your name, the family last name or get really artistic create a design all your own!
- Are’s Extra Long
- Hubbard Blue
- Hubbard Red
- Mystic Plus
- New Moon
- Small Sugar
- Warty Goblin