If you're into high density planting or growing dwarf apple trees we have Honeycrisp in bud - 9 (Budagovsky 9) root stock as well as Zestar in a bud - 9 root stock.
You might also know as dwarf honey crisp apple trees or dwarf zestar apple trees
The 7 essential things you need to know about selecting your apple tree.
About Dwarf Apple Tree’s
What is a Dwarf Apple Tree?
- A Dwarf Apple Tree is a tree that is about 40% in size to a Standard Tree.
- They produce Fruit in 1-2 years where a Standard tree can take 7 years
- Easier to prune and thin
- Easier to harvest
- Will need support
How do I get a Dwarf Apple Tree?
- You need to contact a grower or specialized nursery that has Dwarf Root Stocks (Gilby’s)
- Most Nurseries you need to order the trees 2 years prior to when you want them
- Most Nurseries also have minimum order quantities like 50 trees.
- It is very uncommon to find a Dwarf Apple Tree at your local garden center
- You will 9 times out of 10 find Semi Dwarf Malling 7
Why would you choose a Dwarf Apple Tree
- You can plant many trees in a small area you can plant 3’ apart
- 60% increase in yield
- Instant gratification…!
What types of trees can you get on Dwarfing rootstock
- We currently have Honeycrisp and Zestar on B-9 Rootstock